For over a decade we have been helping men and women in the Antioch, CA area overcomes addiction to drugs and alcohol, we know that the most effective method for getting an addict into a rehabilitation treatment program is to host an intervention. You might be worried about somebody in your life, someone who’s considerably different because of substance addiction. An intervention may be the best choice for you to begin getting them the help they need to recover. Addiction is horrifying for both the addict and the addict’s friends and family. You might be asking, “What can I do to help my family member get clean again,” or “What will my role be in getting my loved one help?” Even when loved ones of an addict care deeply for this person, they eventually get fed up with being used, fed up with being misled, tired of saying no, and completely exhausted by standing up to others who may be codependent on the addict. You can’t be scared of confrontation: fear can’t hold you back from taking action. Contact our treatment center now for information about interventions and how to set one up.
What’s an Intervention?
An intervention is a chance for family members, loved ones, clergy, teachers, or other people who are concerned about the addict come together to confront the addict regarding the effects of their drug and/or alcohol addiction, and inspire them to seek rehab for their drug and/or alcohol addiction. An intervention should be a highly organized experience in order to persuade an addict to seek treatment for their issues. The purposes of an intervention are to provide the addict with a chance to get the assistance they need to save their life, however, it’s not uncommon that the addict may not realize that they have an issue, or that they are in denial and are unwilling to get help. During an intervention it is very important to deal with:
- the addict’s dangerous behavior
- the way it has influenced the addict and their family members
- the goals and guidelines that the addict is expected to observe
- the treatment plan
- the consequences the addict will face if they don’t enter a rehab or treatment facility
The four different sorts of interventions are simple, crisis, classical, and family system:
- ‘Simply’ asking the person to quit their harmful habits is a simple intervention; this approach should be tried before any other, more complex intervention is tried.
- In hazardous or risky situations such as reckless driving, violence, or severe addiction, it’s best to use a crisis intervention.
- The objective of a classical intervention is to direct the focus of the conversation on a particular person in an effort to get them to enter rehabilitation immediately.
- In a family system intervention, the focal point is on getting all of the family members to stop their behaviors, specifically in situations of dependency and family violence, which create dysfunctional living environments.
What Is the Difference Between an Intervention and Treatment?
There’s an essential difference between an intervention and treatment, but both are imperative to recovery. Our team knows that interventions are meant only as a means to persuade the addict to enter rehab. Intervention is NOT the same as treatment, and will not be enough to make the addict quit using drugs or alcohol on its own. Our treatment center uses treatments that teach the addict about the disease of substance abuse and provide them with the tools and strategies they’re going to need to preserve long term recovery. For the highest probability of success, We recommend that an addict is persuaded to go to treatment directly after their intervention.
For Help Now, Contact Our Treatment Center As Soon As Possible!
Watching a family member suffer and battle with substance abuse is a troubling or horrifying experience. Typically, interventions are highly-organized meetings involving the combined efforts of family and friends, but it is sometimes as easy as asking the individual to stop their behavior. Our treatment can help by offering interventionists, locating rehab programs across the country, or explaining about substance abuse in general. If you or someone you love is in the Antioch, CA area, and are in need of any of these services such as detox, inpatient rehab, residential treatment, intensive outpatient) give us a call 925-420-8473 today!